Celebrate the diffusion of innovative refractive thinking through the writings of these doctoral scholars as they dare to think differently in search of new applications and understandings of post-secondary education.
- Dr. Elena Murphy presents the case for educators to use learning styles in the classroom for adult student success.
- Dr. Judy Blando and Dr. Denise Land offer expertise about regarding the use of passion, differentiated learning, and management behavior to encourage the engaged learner.
- Dr. Rene H. Contreras demonstrates how the teacher-mentor develops the mentoring relationship and takes full responsibility for the student learning.
- Dr. Robert D. Hobbs reveals the latest research in neuro-, socio-, and psycholinguistics that indicates new curriculum and perspectives on education are required.
- Dr. Emad Rahim and Dr. Darrell Burrell offer expertise about perspectives on social, organizational, and cultural change in community service helping organizations.
- Dr. Gillian Silver and Dr. Cheryl A. Lentz explore the role of the student as a consumer learner as the model for post-secondary education further evolves.
- Dr. Richard Wolodkowicz examines the predictive value of seven leadership attributes in supervisors of employee-students seeking post-secondary educations.
- Dr. Kerry Lynn Levett explores what students learn beyond the classroom in post-secondary education.
- Dr. Tom Woodruff appraises the entries of this anthology with a refractive lens of sustainable academic leadership and lifelong learning.
- Foreword by Jonathan A. Kaplan.
Unlike most academic books that merely define research, The Refractive Thinker® offers commentary regarding the state of post-secondary education from the perspective of multiple authors—each offering a chapter based on their specific expertise.