Dr. Cheryl Lentz, Managing Editor
The Lentz Leadership Institute
November 30, 2011, Las Vegas, NV—The Refractive Thinker®: Volume VI: Post-Secondary Education
BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership U.S. $18.95
The Benefits of Collaborative Doctoral Research
Celebrate the diffusion of innovative refractive thinking through the writings of these doctoral scholars as they dare to think differently in search of new applications and understandings of post-secondary education.
- Dr. Elena Murphy presents the case for educators to use learning styles in the classroom for adult student success.
- Dr. Judy Fisher-Blando and Dr. Denise Land offer expertise about regarding the use of passion, differentiated learning, and management behavior to encourage the engaged learner.
- Dr. Rene H. Contreras demonstrates how the teacher-mentor develops the mentoring relationship and takes full responsibility for the student learning.
- Dr. Robert D. Hobbs reveals the latest research in neuro-, socio-, and psycholinguistics that indicates new curriculum and perspectives on education are required.
- Dr. Emad Rahim and Dr. Darrell Burrell offer expertise about perspectives on social, organizational, and cultural change in community service helping organizations.
- Dr. Gillian Silver and Dr. Cheryl A. Lentz explore the role of the student as a consumer learner as the model for post-secondary education further evolves.
- Dr. Richard Wolodkowicz examines the predictive value of seven leadership attributes in supervisors of employee-students seeking post-secondary educations.
- Dr. Kerry Lynn Levett explores what students learn beyond the classroom in post-secondary education.
- Dr. Tom Woodruff appraises the entries of this anthology with a refractive lens of sustainable academic leadership and lifelong learning.
Unlike most academic books that merely define research, The Refractive Thinker® offers commentary regarding the state of post-secondary education from the perspective of multiple authors—each offering a chapter based on their specific expertise.