Author’s Call Begins: Spring 2018: Join the 15x award winning series for Doctoral Scholars.
The Refractive Thinker® Vol XV: Non Profits: Strategies for Effective Management
Cover in design FOREWORD TBD
Problem: The lack of affordable and easy to understand publishing avenues for academicians to meet university peer-reviewed publishing standards and retain ownership of copyright.
VISION: To offer doctoral scholars an award winning publishing solution to position themselves as an expert in their field.
Goal: To publish an anthology of the works of multiple academic doctoral authors in one themed volume.
Mission: To get research off the coffee table, out of the Ivory Tower, and into the hands of business owners and entrepreneurs.
LinkedIN article: Small Business Owner or Entrepreneur?
- Dr. Natalie Casale
- Dr. Denise Thomas
Q: Myth #1: Why do I have to pay to publish?
A: Publishing costs money. The reason one doesn’t have to pay to publish in a peer-reviewed journal is that the journal often uses the proceeds from the sale of the journal to fund the journal. The journal makes money from your writing; you don’t.
Q: Myth #2: Paying for publishing detracts from my credibility, doesn’t it?
A: No. Publishing is a business like any other, where the goal is to make money. The question is who is making the money? You get what you pay for. Peer-reviewed journal model: The publisher pays for the costs, you don’t. The publisher owns your material, you don’t. The publisher makes royalties, you don’t. The publisher has control, you don’t.
Who pays for the publishing has nothing to do with the quality of the work published. So long as the process includes a peer-reviewed process (open, single, or double blind), there is a quality mechanism in place. If your article is based on IRB approved research through an accredited university (doctoral work or post doc work), the quality of the outcomes has already been vetted.
Q: Myth #3: When I publish in a journal or in a book, don’t I automatically own my intellectual property?
- A: No. Check the fine print of your contract. Most of the time in a traditional peer-reviewed journal, the journal owns the copyright to your writing, not you. Be sure to file for your own copyright with the U.S. Copyright Office.Follow the money. Those who own their copyright, get to keep their money.
(1) Single Author
(2) Multiple Authors (up to 5 per chapter). For early bird sign up discounts, shipping of books will be sent to ONE location only. For multiple locations, additional shipping charges will apply.
(3) Working title with sign up. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete form below.
Commitment Form: Spring 2018
Anticipated publishing date: April 1st, 2018
Materials Deadline for Peer Review: On or before February 1st, 2018
Peer Reviewed final draft due on or before: March 1st, 2018
Manuscript: A synopsis of your dissertation or scholarly peer reviewed research to include the following sections:
Introduction / Overview of the study / Background/theory / Focus on Data analysis Methodology / Findings / Conclusion / References / About Author Page with picture
*Be sure to demonstrate how your writing meets the theme
- Content: 3000 (minimum) – 4400 (maximum) words of text with moderate use of subheadings
- References: 1-2 pages: single spaced entries / 2 (maximum) Tables, Figures, or graph(s).
- 6th version APA modified format: 12 pt Times New Roman.
- Biography: No more than 155 words(Must fit on one book page). (Template provided).
- Picture: Professional head shot with permission to reprint/copyright free
- Size: .jpg and at least 300 dpi pixel size
- Index Search Words (10-15)
- Chapter Summary for the Website
- See Refractive-Thinker-Catalog-2016-2017
- 3 versions: Paperback, Digital eBook, and eChapter
- Cover design (front and back cover), Production & Web Design, IBSN numbers, Library of Congress Registration, Bowker Registration, Bar Code, Index, Author’s individual e-chapter (pdf) as well as all legal & Royalty contracts.
- Peer Review Board editing by a subject matter expert for content and for APA format style that includes no more than 3 hours worth of basic editing (*Additional editing:$75.00 per hour)
- Author listing on the Companion Website http://www.RefractiveThinker.com
- 25 paperback copies [*U.S. shipping costs are included for the first 25 books via UPS within the U.S.]
- Social Media Promotion (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, & Linked in) Materials provided